Thursday 27 October 2016

Autumn Update & other news.

Finally, I have found time to write a quick post.
Well, I guess I'll start off by saying business wise I had a good summer and according to latest statistics I'm on the right path!
It's been Interesting to see changes in what the public are buying from me and what's most popular.
Your probably now wondering what that is, well it's my Sea studies.
Lampshades, tend to sell better in Winter or Spring when people are looking to cosy up towards Christmas and re decorate come Spring. However, I have had some sales during the summer period and I'm happy with how things are going.
I didn't go away or anything however, I have since returned from a sunshine break and I'm now ready preparing for the festive season.

I am only doing two Craft Fairs/Exhibitions this December, one local fair and one is a group exhibition upstairs in Wexford Arts Centre with Wexford Craft Trail from the 2nd - 24th December. More on that later.
I'm trying not to take on too much, there are many invitations to exhibit here,there and yonder for Christmas but I'm just settling on the two.

Why?

I'm doing Showcase Ireland in the RDS next January 2017 for the first time.
I've also since noticed that I'll be marking my fifth business birthday during the show on the 23rd.
Anyway, I was offered a stand after applying back in February with my local LEO in Wexford.
So I am one of the business's that shall be representing Wexford in January and I'm looking forward to it.
So that's why I don't want to be doing too much as I want to be 100% ready and present the best possible work that I'll have ready for the show. (Lot's of Colour!)
I'll be bringing a new collection of pieces from Framed Textile Sea studies in various sizes and some larger scaled works, Lampshades and possibly one other product.
I need to spread my wings so that's why I'm having a go and trying out Showacse to see if it makes changes for me and hopefully get an order or two or lots would be nice! Get my name out there and into other stockists around Ireland and if I'm lucky elsewhere.

I have a talk coming up mid November, it's designed for all the County LEO's. I was assigned to Cork, but I asked to change to Dublin so I'll be at the Dublin one. So I'm taking three days out and going up to do that and stay over with my aunt, who I'll also be staying with when I attend Showcase.

So in general I have a busy time ahead.

That's all for now.

Please check Facebook, Twiiter or Instagram for postings and regular updates.

Talk soon.

Grainne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment