Sunday 5 February 2012

A peep into what I'm at this week.




 Workings of a piece in process, this is going to be of a wave with copper spiral wires surrounding the curve of the wave that I'll soon be adding once I'm finished the other steps. There is a lot of drying and building up layers with each piece to create my desired effect. The piece itself is round compared to the usual square and longer rectangular mixed media paintings I create.

Up to December 2011, I had been making square and long rectangular pieces. The longer pieces I find are more popular with people and surprise, surprise in requests for green or blue!
So for 2012, I have started making more of this shape, the middle photo above.. that piece is circular.
I'm also adding smaller sized pieces that will retail for under €100...this should make many people smile.. seeing as my price range is normally over €200. Saying that, other pieces will remain over the above.

Below are a few examples of completed and framed pieces that I made during mid 2011, using the same technique.






Top: 'Breaking Waves' - Mixed Media.
Middle: 'Untitled' -Copper leaf with hand sewn pearls/Mixed Media.
Bottom: Selection of work's on show at the Christmas Craft and Food fair, Springmount Garden Centre. December 2011.

I will be adding completed images of piece's I'm currently working on, here... before I take them to the framers.
Will post during the week, other new work to come include cushions and a new line of tea cosies.

Gráinne :)



No comments:

Post a Comment