Sunday 13 January 2013

Back in full swing!

Hello :)


Another week over, I'm happy this week as I've done a huge spring clean of the studio.
The shelves still need to be put together, there more like box shelves four in one unit type of thing.
I'll be using these for displaying product, the lampshades would fit snug into them I think.

I've left the painting, I've come full circle on decision making (I know!) and decided that the pale pink that's already on the walls is rather nice and it's warm. I believe it's good to have a warm, inviting feeling to a place. Originally I wanted everything white, trying to create a gallery like space but I love colour and I'm sticking with warm tones in furnishings and on the walls for now at least. Will paint the inner area of the room eventually white, where I plan to hang and display more of my work. My studio is a sort of an 'L' shape, the loom is situated at the top part of the room. I've neatly labelled and stored everything in separate boxes so no more pulling hairs out of head trying to find something!
Everything has a place, it's probably too neat for an artists studio but that's how I like it.
The same can be said for my work, if I don't like it I start again. But then somebody else might like it so I end up keeping it.
Found a load of canvas boards, Biro's (I'll never be short of a pen again!) and a few things too....oh yes a load of extra craft tissue paper too in a variety of colours and textures that I had originally stored in different bags and boxes. But it's all done now, so yay!

Last thing I need to do is to hang a new blind or a curtain, so picking that up next week.
I had been meaning to get all this done ages ago but, it took a back seat for a few months.

Been asked to make a larger sized lampshade for a customer, so it will be the same as the others except wider. Have a warp on the loom at the moment too.
Will be back in full swing from this week on, so will be kept busy.
Lets hope the snow stays away, won't be travelling much anyway for a while.
Looking at trade shows and getting stock ready for whatever ones I choose to do this year.
A few happening between May and October, still undecided but enquiring.
Hopefully, a few things will happen before May too, but like I said I'm looking into these so will see you never know what might happen!

I think it's going to be a good year though. :) Gráinne.










No comments:

Post a Comment